Paul Gillin's blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Paul Gillin's Blog - Social Media and the Open Enterprise: BtoB takes on Social Media
Paul Gillin's Blog - Social Media and the Open Enterprise
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
  BtoB takes on Social Media
I'm delighted to report that the editors at BtoB Magazine have relented to my ceaseless badgering and agreed to let me take on a monthly column about social media beginning in January.

This is good stuff because BtoB is a well-read and respected publication in the advertising and media profession with 45,000 paid subscribers, two-thirds of them marketers. The decision to give regular space to analysis of the world of blogs, wikis, podcasts and other community media is an important endorsement of how important those influencers have become to mainstream business.

I need your help. If you're a marketer or PR professional, please write or post here and tell me what you want to know about working with the blogosphere. If you're a blogger who regularly writes about businesses, tell me what information and support you need from them. Help me choose the best conferences on this topic and help me find the best bloggers and podcasts in this area.

With all due respect to my friends in high tech, I am particularly interested in hearing from people outside of the computer industry. We know that a lot of computer makers "get" social meda but they don't reflect the real world. Since 3/4 of BtoB's audience is non-tech, I'd like to hear more about their concerns so I can educate myself and target the column to a broader audience.

I'll post links to the column when it starts in mid-January. Please contribute your comments and ideas so the column reflects as wide a variety of topics as possible.
 
Comments:
I think there's a real opportunity for professional accountants to turn their attention away from commodity services like accounts preperation and towards value added services that can be 'sold' globally.

But to do that, they need to take on not just the technology but the mindset of realising that social software and its components technologies put them under scrutiny as well. All the more so when 'stuff' like RSS become as common place as the browser.
 
I hadn't thought of the effect of this technology on accountants. I wonder what other services they could provide via social media, other than the business consulting services that the biggest accounting firms already offer.
 
I'm the Mktg. Dir. at Mooble.com and I'd like to see some ideas on how to tie online campaigns to MSM campaigns.

Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
How social media and open computing are changing the business world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts, United States

Paul is a writer and media consultant specializing in information technology topics.

Subscribe:


Buy my book about how new media influencers are changing the rules of publishing.


Or sign up to receive a FREE PDF of my forthcoming book, Secrets of Social Media Marketing. Click the cover image below to register.

>


 Subscribe RSS

Subscribe by e-mail:



Paul Gillin Communications
I'm a writer, speaker and new media consultant. Learn more.




See my


Get my weekly social media newsletter!

Email
First Name
Last Name
Please fill all fields


View the newsletter archive.

View Paul Gillin's profile on LinkedIn


Readers of my blog get discounts for this upcoming event:

Use discount code PAULVIP to get $100 off. Hurry! Prices go up Sept. 19

2RSS.com :: RSS directory
Blog Directory & Search engine Blog Directory


    follow me on Twitter

    Profile for PnD
    Add to Technorati Favorites
    Stats by: