Paul Gillin's blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Paul Gillin's Blog - Social Media and the Open Enterprise: The power of influencers
Paul Gillin's Blog - Social Media and the Open Enterprise
Monday, September 11, 2006
  The power of influencers
In The New Influencers, I write about how influence is measured and distributed within the blogosphere. The last few days have been a personal lesson in that.

I started posting chapters of the book about two months ago. I've alerted many people who were profiled or quoted there, but traffic has been pretty somnambulent overall, about 200 page views a week.

Last Friday, however, Steve Rubel posted an item on MicroPersuasion. The online chapter "
offer a compelling overview of how Web 2.0 is revolutionizing marketing, PR and journalism. I highly recommend reading them," he said. Thank you, Steve!

In any case, the chapters have received more than 2,200 page views since Friday, or more than twice as many visits as happened in the preceeding 10 weeks. Fifteen other blog entries have been posted since Friday linking to the chapters. And I'm getting more feedback every day than I got in the two months since I started posting chapters. So thanks to everyone. Here are the the bloggers who have posted links:

Biz Podcasting by Jon Watson - Jon questions the wisdom of giving a book away for free online but still applauds the effort.

Drew Benvie says its one of "two books on social media coming out soon which I'll want to read." I hope to make it so.

Simon Wakeman says, "I’ve read several of the chapters and will definitely make the time to read the rest." I hope to justify that commitment.

Lloyd added the book to his blogroll (which is rather extensive).

Randy Stewart posted a link at Stewtopia.

Angela Booth posted a short excerpt.

An unidentified Yahoo 360 user calls it "a book worth waiting for." Well, it's a book I can't wait to finish! :-)

Cathy at The Good Things in Life says, "I just took a quick look at it, but it seems very interesting. I also think I’ve found a great source for my Web 2.0/Social Media presentation." Cathy, I have PowerPoints if you need them. Call me.

TechnoMojo lists the chapters on its daily link list for Saturday. And give TechnoMojo credit for working on a Saturday.

Chris McCafferty points to New Influencers from his healthcare trends blog. Thanks, Chris. I'm going to need a brief hospital stay after I finish this thing!

Andy Lark says, "Would love to see some of the influencers that are using participatory media and that aren't 'A-List' bloggers - this includes the new media." Actually, most of the book is about the non-A-listers, so that's good.

Antonio Granado makes me wish I could speak Portuguese (not Spanish, as I originally wrote).

Some 25 del.icio.us users have also bookmarked the site.

The purpose of posting the book online was to get feedback and, thanks to Steve Rubel, it's beginning to come in volume. See what a difference on influencer can make?



 
Comments:
It's Portuguese...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
How social media and open computing are changing the business world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts, United States

Paul is a writer and media consultant specializing in information technology topics.

Subscribe:


Buy my book about how new media influencers are changing the rules of publishing.


Or sign up to receive a FREE PDF of my forthcoming book, Secrets of Social Media Marketing. Click the cover image below to register.

>


 Subscribe RSS

Subscribe by e-mail:



Paul Gillin Communications
I'm a writer, speaker and new media consultant. Learn more.




See my


Get my weekly social media newsletter!

Email
First Name
Last Name
Please fill all fields


View the newsletter archive.

View Paul Gillin's profile on LinkedIn


Readers of my blog get discounts for this upcoming event:

Use discount code PAULVIP to get $100 off. Hurry! Prices go up Sept. 19

2RSS.com :: RSS directory
Blog Directory & Search engine Blog Directory


    follow me on Twitter

    Profile for PnD
    Add to Technorati Favorites
    Stats by: