Paul Gillin's blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Paul Gillin's Blog - Social Media and the Open Enterprise: Wanted: Social media stories
Paul Gillin's Blog - Social Media and the Open Enterprise
Saturday, May 13, 2006
  Wanted: Social media stories
I'm writing a book about social media to be published by Quill Driver Books in early 2007. The working title is The New Influencers and it's a book for marketers about how bloggers and podcasters are influencing markets and what makes them tick. It's a book about humans, not technology.

I'm looking for people who are willing to share stories. In particular, I'm interested in stories about people have used personal publishing to make a difference in a market they really care about. The change doesn't have to be seismic and you don't even have to be the one doing publishing. Maybe you work in a marketing department that had to react to a blog swarm or used a viral marketing campaign to great success. Or maybe you were just a bystander watching an conversation play out in the blogosphere that advanced the cause of a company or its customers. The Dell Hells of the world have been well documented. I'm looking for some of the thousands of other ongoing stories of how people are making a difference in markets by expressing their opinions.

If you have a story to tell, please post a summary here and include your contact information. Or e-mail me a quick description. I'll be in active research mode for next couple of months, so any good ideas are welcome. Thank you!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
How social media and open computing are changing the business world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts, United States

Paul is a writer and media consultant specializing in information technology topics.

Subscribe:


Buy my book about how new media influencers are changing the rules of publishing.


Or sign up to receive a FREE PDF of my forthcoming book, Secrets of Social Media Marketing. Click the cover image below to register.

>


 Subscribe RSS

Subscribe by e-mail:



Paul Gillin Communications
I'm a writer, speaker and new media consultant. Learn more.




See my


Get my weekly social media newsletter!

Email
First Name
Last Name
Please fill all fields


View the newsletter archive.

View Paul Gillin's profile on LinkedIn


Readers of my blog get discounts for this upcoming event:

Use discount code PAULVIP to get $100 off. Hurry! Prices go up Sept. 19

2RSS.com :: RSS directory
Blog Directory & Search engine Blog Directory


    follow me on Twitter

    Profile for PnD
    Add to Technorati Favorites
    Stats by: