Paul Gillin's blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Paul Gillin's Blog - Social Media and the Open Enterprise: Retiring bloggers
Paul Gillin's Blog - Social Media and the Open Enterprise
Sunday, April 02, 2006
  Retiring bloggers
Debbie Weil writes in BlogWrite for CEOs about the decision by noted bloggers Dave Winer and David Allen to retire from blogging. I guess you could take this as a warning bell that the influence of blogs is declining but I prefer to think of it as more of a "mission accomplished" thing. Blogging is a lot of work. Steve Rubel recently told me that he spends about 20 hours a week on his blog, an ungodly commitment for a busy executive. Winer is broadly credited with having kicked off the blogging craze almost 10 years ago. His activity level is astonishing and I can see where he may have just decided that it was time to move on. David Allen, well, he doesn't need the work. Good luck to them both.

Speaking of Steve Rubel, reports that he is leaving Edelman to join forces with foe Jeremy Pepper are all over the blogosphere. But be sure to check out the date on these posts, folks. ;-)
 
Comments:
Credit goes to Josh Hallett of Hyku. He is the one that did the whole joke.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
How social media and open computing are changing the business world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts, United States

Paul is a writer and media consultant specializing in information technology topics.

Subscribe:


Buy my book about how new media influencers are changing the rules of publishing.


Or sign up to receive a FREE PDF of my forthcoming book, Secrets of Social Media Marketing. Click the cover image below to register.

>


 Subscribe RSS

Subscribe by e-mail:



Paul Gillin Communications
I'm a writer, speaker and new media consultant. Learn more.




See my


Get my weekly social media newsletter!

Email
First Name
Last Name
Please fill all fields


View the newsletter archive.

View Paul Gillin's profile on LinkedIn


Readers of my blog get discounts for this upcoming event:

Use discount code PAULVIP to get $100 off. Hurry! Prices go up Sept. 19

2RSS.com :: RSS directory
Blog Directory & Search engine Blog Directory


    follow me on Twitter

    Profile for PnD
    Add to Technorati Favorites
    Stats by: